Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School serves the Parish of Saints Peter and Paul. Our standard number of available places is 45 for admission in the Reception Classes.
This arrangement follows the consultation between the Governing body, The Archdiocese of Liverpool and the Local Authority.
The government has placed a statutory legal limit on Infant class sizes that these classes shall not contain more than 30 pupils for all ordinary teaching sessions. Therefore we have two Reception classes for the admitted 45 children.
In the event that there are more applications than places the Governing body will allocate places using their agreed criteria below;
ADMISSIONS TO THE SCHOOL will be determined by the Governing Body. Parents must complete a Local Authority Preference Form or apply online via the website www.knowsley.gov.uk/schooladmissions. If you wish to have your application considered against that school’s faith/denomination criteria then you should ALSO complete the Supplementary Form which is available from the school or to download from the Local Authority website. All preferences listed will be considered on an equal basis and, where there are more applications than the number of places available, the following set of OVERSUBSCRIPTION CRITERIA will be applied:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of Ss Peter & Paul, Kirkby.
- Other baptised Catholic children.
- Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
- Children of other faiths. An appropriate Faith Leader would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
- Other children.
Please click here to see the Knowsley Council Web Site information about Appeals
In year school admission click here