Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School serves the Parish of Saints Peter and Paul. Our standard number of available places is 45 for admission in the Reception Classes.
This arrangement follows the consultation between the Governing body, The Archdiocese of Liverpool and the Local Authority.
The government has placed a statutory legal limit on Infant class sizes that these classes shall not contain more than 30 pupils for all ordinary teaching sessions. Therefore we have two Reception classes for the admitted 45 children.
In the event that there are more applications than places the Governing body will allocate places using their agreed criteria below;
ADMISSIONS TO THE SCHOOL will be determined by the Governing Body. Parents must complete a Local Authority Preference Form or apply online via the website www.knowsley.gov.uk/schooladmissions. All preferences listed will be considered on an equal basis and, where there are more applications than the number of places available, the following set of OVERSUBSCRIPTION CRITERIA will be applied:
- Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
- Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of Ss Peter & Paul, Kirkby.
- Other baptised Catholic children.
- Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
- Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
- Children of other faiths. An appropriate Faith Leader would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
- Other children.
If it is not possible to offer places for all applications within any criteria above then places will be allocated to the children who live nearest to the school. Distance will be measured by the local authority which will carry out straight line measurements (‘as the crow flies’) using a computerised Geographical Information System (GIS) based on the Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG) data and national grid co-ordinates for the school and home address.
Children are admitted in the school year i.e. 1st September – 31st August in which they achieve their 5th birthday.
In order to make the commencement of your child’s education at Saints Peter and Paul a successful and happy experience a series of visits are arranged before he/she starts school. These sessions are arranged during the Summer Term prior to your child beginning school. They are intended to allow him/her to become familiar with the class teacher and teaching assistant, meet with his/her fellow classmates and become familiar with the more formal practices of a school session. The visits will hopefully make the transition from home or nursery to school as smooth as possible.
A meeting is held each year in school to inform you of school procedures and expectations. This provides an opportunity for you to look around the school and become familiar with different aspects of the curriculum. Staff will be available to answer any queries that you may have about the school.
Alternatively you could ring the Admissions Team at Knowsley Borough Council (0151 443 5142) for independent advice.
Please click here to see the Knowsley Council Web Site information about Appeals