School had a section 48 RE OFSTED inspection on Tuesday 7th February 2017.
Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is a good school in providing Catholic Education:
- The extent to which the pupils contribute to and benefit from the Catholic Life of the school is outstanding.
- Their behaviour is outstanding; they have an excellent understanding of right and wrong and apply this in their personal relationships. They lead by example and show responsibility for themselves and their actions.
What the school needs to do to improve further?
Continue to develop the Catholic life of the school by:
- Completing and launching the revised schools’ mission statement to direct and guide school life;
- Continuing to develop the schools’ self-evaluation detailing areas of strength, improvement and development strategies.
- The parish pastoral support worker is involved in the Catholic Life of the school. She guides pupils and their families in sacramental preparation; she prepares pupils for mass, prayer times and retreat days. She is an invaluable support to the school and is outstanding in continuing to strengthen links between home, school and parish.
- On the day of inspection some of the lessons observed were outstanding.
- The quality of Collective Worship provided by the school is outstanding. It reflects the Catholic character of the school.
- Leaders, governors and managers are good with outstanding features in promoting monitoring and evaluating the provision for the Catholic Life of the school and in the way they plan and implement improvement to outcomes for pupils.
Continue to develop Religious Education by:
- Continuing to embed monitoring and evaluation as a robust timetabled programme and using evaluations and agreed actions to strengthen and set high standards consistently across the school;
- Timetabling Religious Education at appropriate and quality times consistently across the school to enrich planning and pupils learning.
To read the full report click on the link below;