Hello and welcome to Class Clitherow!
Thanks for visiting our class webpage. I will keep this up to date with information that you will need for this school year.
- PE will take place on a Thursday morning in the Autumn term and the children will be covering Gymnastics. Pupils are to come into school in their PE kit but can wear tracksuit bottoms over their shorts; trainers can be worn to come into school with but pumps will be required for the school hall.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and will need to be returned on the Friday of the same week; it should be completed in pencil please. Spare sheets are kept in class.
- Learning Logs will be set on a Monday. The children will have two weeks to complete their work and will need to bring it in the following Friday.
- Spellings will be sent home and all children will have a spelling test every Wednesday. The pass mark will be set at 15/20.
- Reading books should be brought into school on a daily basis and the reading record book needs to come in on a Friday. Books will be left in school over the weekend and re-issued on a Monday.
- Mobile phones are allowed but only if your son or daughter has a signed consent form.
- All pupils will be given log in and passwords for Mathletics, Times Table Rock Stars and Purple Mash. I strongly encourage all children to go online and try the activities.
Activities to try at home:
- Any pupils who are self-isolating or who are unable to attend school should complete home learning.
- Daily reading should happen, along with your son or daughter accessing Mathletics, Times Table Rock Stars and Purple Mash too.
- Above, is the link to our weekly work on Times Table Rock Stars.
- I would strongly suggest logging onto the following website which contains excellent links for many aspects of the curriculum: www.knowsley.gov.uk/education-
- Also look at: www.thenational.academy This provides access to year group specific work for your son/daughter to complete at home too.
Week beginning 12th October:
For those who are at home this week:
- English: please use the pack I have posted above called, ‘The City of Silence.’ Try to complete at least two activities every day.
- Grammar: relative clauses and pronouns. Please go through the powerpoint first before trying the activities.
- Spelling: please complete the spellings for this week on Wednesday.
- Daily reading to be completed.
- Maths: there are activities for you on long and short multiplication. The worksheet above which is called home learning, has two pages of activities for you to try on Monday through to Thursday. On the Friday, have a go at this week’s arithmetic paper.
- On Mathletics, I have also set tasks relating directly to this for you to complete too. Don’t forget TTRS.
- Computing: I have set a variety of activities for you to complete this week.
- Science: we are moving onto how the human body transports nutrients and water. Please read the powerpoint and complete the sheet that is on this page.
- History: we are continuing on with the Ancient Greeks. This week our focus is on the Olympics. Read the powerpoint and have a go at the task.
- Come and See: we are continuing on with our work on Vocation and Commitment. Make sure you go through the document to find the Year Six activities.