Welcome to our class webpage.
- All pupils within Clitherow are encouraged to change their home reader as frequently as possible – once a week is the minimum. Reading daily is still paramount for your child; encourage your son/daughter to discuss with an adult the content of their book. If a book is lost, there will be a £3 charge to replace it.
- All pupils have been issued with a school bag and children are encouraged to bring the bag to school on a daily basis. This will help to keep homework and any books in excellent condition.
- Learning Logs are set in Class Clitherow on a weekly basis. At this stage, the expectation is for Year Six pupils to complete anywhere between one and two pages of A4 in their Log on a set topic. All pupils are encouraged to be as creative as possible with their work and the Log provides an excellent opportunity for your child to write at length. Learning Logs are set on a Wednesday; the children peer mark and a fresh topic is set for the following week.
- P.E. will take place on a Wednesday. During the Autumn term, the children will cover Gymnastics. Swimming starts on Monday 21st November for a two week period. Your son/daughter will swim four out of five days over these two weeks and will require their swimming kit.
- Maths homework is set on a Wednesday and pupils have one week in which to return it to school. It is only accepted written in either pencil or a blue/black handwriting pen. Additional homework for other subjects will also be set over the course of the school year.